Last Updated – April 2019
Personal Information we collect about you
We collect the following types of information through the Programme:
- Information You Provide. Personal Information and health-related information you provide when registering for our online products and services, responding to questionnaires or surveys, or contacting us.
- Information collected automatically. Subject to applicable consent requirements, your device’s IP address and information about your use of www.abbviecare.co.nz (“Programme Website”) may be collected automatically using tracking technologies, such as cookies. Your website browser software can be set to reject all cookies, but if you reject all cookies, certain of the functions and conveniences of the Programme Website may not work properly.
How we use the personal information we collect
We may use personal information that we collect about you to:
- improve the Programme and your experience on it;
- manage your experience and provide you with support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, the Programme;
- communicate with you by email, post, telephone and/or mobile devices about your use of the Programme;
- enforce the Programme Terms & Conditions; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We may also combine information collected from you from the Programme Website with information collected offline as part of your participation in the Programme.
With whom we will share your personal information
Data sharing with AbbVie
Although the Programme is managed and administered on AbbVie’s behalf by the Nominated Third Parties and any personal information collected and held by such Nominated Third Parties is done so solely on behalf of AbbVie, to assist in protecting the integrity of the Programme and to provide a level of impartiality and autonomy to the running of the Programme, in practice, only certain information about you is provided to AbbVie on a regular basis for the following purposes.
Any self-reported safety information (including adverse events, special situations and product complaints) that arise from using HUMIRA will be reported to AbbVie for the purpose of reporting this information to the appropriate regulatory notification body and/or in accordance with AbbVie’s safety information reporting processes. AbbVie may also use this personal information to contact you and/or your healthcare professional to obtain additional information relating to your safety information.
Otherwise, de-identified information relating to your participation in the Programme, such as use of the Social Forums and quotes, material ordering, statistical information (see below) and demographic data will be collated into a report for AbbVie. AbbVie may use this information for internal purposes, including planning and managing resources for the Programme, analysis, research purposes, effectiveness review and to inform improvements.
AbbVie may disclose the information to third parties in order to promote awareness of the Programme and to publish the information in reports or medical publications. You will not be able to be identified in any form of report or publication.
How you can access your information
If you have an online account with us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of the Programme because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member or participate in the Programme.
- At any time you can choose to no longer receive emails or newsletters from the Nominated Third Parties by logging in with your account information, clicking on the “my profile” tab, then the “settings” link and selecting the communication preference settings you wish to update. You also will be given the opportunity in any email that we send you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to five (5) days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of relationship email communications such as service announcements, administrative notices without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorised Nominated Third Parties’ personnel are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for the purposes of managing and administering the Programme on AbbVie’s behalf. In addition, we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorised persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using the Programme Website to connect with others. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise and you should not expect that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through unsecure email.
Statistical information and Cookies
We may collect statistical information about your visit to the Programme Website to help us analyse usage of and improve the Programme. This information includes:
- signed up users’ demographic, interest and geographic information that does identify them personally;
- users’ IP addresses and location;
- search terms entered when using the Programme Website;
- site activity on the Programme Website;
- date and time of use of the Programme Website;
- users’ operating systems;
- browsers used when accessing the Programme Website; and
- previously visited website (if you clicked on a link to the Programme Website).
The Programme Website generates cookies for users who are signed in. You can change the settings on your browser to delete any cookies. However, if you do not accept cookies some of the functions on the Programme Website may not function properly.
Rights of access and correction
You have the right to access and to request correction of any of your personal information provided to us in connection with your use of the Programme. If you would like to see the personal information relating to you that we have stored, or to request correction of such personal information, or if you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us at: email@example.com. We may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
If you are not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner:
How to contact us
AbbVie Care Privacy Officer
156-158 Victoria Street
PO Box 11437
NZ-HUM-190050 TAPS PP3271 Prepared April 2019